Wichita Falls MCC…You are Welcome Here!
10 April 2015
Impact of Our Holy Week…
We had a wonderful impact in the community and among our church members and friends. Our Maundy Thursday Seder Meal hosted 28 folks, 10 of which were from our sister church The Episcopal Church of Wichita Falls. Then, our Good Friday service celebrated 12 saints who held vigil remembering the suffering of our Lord and singing out the comforts of our faith’s ballad hymns. On Saturday, we filled the back yard with 95 folks…at least 70 of which were from the community around our church. We fed everyone who wanted lunch with chicken wings, fried catfish, hot dogs, and loads of other goodies. We also provided ten bags of groceries and a closetful of clothes to those in need. Sunday morning saw 40 for worship to celebrate the Risen Christ; complete with stellar performances by the WFMCC Voices in Praise Choir! This has been a season to remember!
Thank you to all who helped make the week and weekend possible! Just to name a few gratitudes: “Mama” “Wiggles” Mary Ellen (for the beauty of our flower beds and yard!), Anita & KK for the gorgeous inset crosses stone, the Yard Crew for multiple evenings of weed-pulling and mowing, The Tuesday Morning Crew for their odd job expertise that got our building ready for events, Lois Wagner for her FIRST TIME EVER event planning that resulted in a great Easter Backyard BBQ, the WFMCC Voices in Praise choir for persevering and being courageous in their singing on Easter morning, and to all of you who attended, supported in prayer, and helped at the church events to welcome all who joined us! We are blessed beyond measure!
On April 5th, Easter Sunday, NBC begins a television series titled “A.D.” This series moves through the stories held in the Biblical accounts of the Book of Acts. Watch the Preview Here! >>
Our A.D. Program
Watch the Series
Episode One was a great start to the series! If you missed it and would like to watch, go to http://www.nbc.com/ad-the-bible-continues/video.
In small groups through the week, you will have the opportunity to discuss the week’s episode and the scripure that pertains to it. Learn about the major players in the book, from Peter to Paul, and their impact on the formation of the Early Church.
Study Group 1 – WFMCC Fellowship Hall – Tuesdays 10:00am
Study Group 2 – WFMCC Fellowship Hall – Thursdays 7:00pm
|Lesson 1 – Hope for a New Beginning
Lesson 3 – Pentecost Power
Lesson 5 – A Bigger Picture
Lesson 7 – A Wider Circle
Lesson 9 – Let It Go
Lesson 11 – Credit the Source
|Lesson 2 – Wait for It
Lesson 4 – What Matters Most
Lesson 6 – Scattered Seeds
Lesson 8 – Respond to God
Lesson 10 – Life Moments
Lesson 12 – Unstoppable
Join us each week for Sunday services! Discuss the week’s happenings at 10am breakfast in the fellowship hall, then engage in a sermon series based on the book of the Acts of the Apostles!
UFMCC Statement of Faith
A Reflection on MCC Mission and Liturgy
by Rev. Elder Héctor Gutiérrez & Rev. Dr. Candace R. Shultis
In MCC, we are living a unique time of reflection, analysis, approach, transition and deep action, guided by the Spirit of God who continues calling us to “Be MCC” in the world.
We came to be part of this family that is MCC from different and varied traditions, stories and histories, but no doubt with the strong conviction that the same mission holds us together: proclaiming the radically inclusive message of the Gospel.
Jesus, as he was leaving His disciples, gave them and us what we call the Great Commission: “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations.” (Matthew 28:19a)
When we were founded, Rev. Elder Troy D. Perry declared that we preach a three-pronged gospel: Christian Salvation, Christian Community, and Christian Social Action. Our current MCC Statement of Faith states, in part:
“Founded in the interest of offering a church home to all who confess and believe…
The Church serves to bring all people to God through Christ.
To this end, it shall arrange for regular services of worship,
prayer, interpretation of Scriptures, and edification through
the teaching and preaching of the Word.”
Call for Volunteers…
We have need for volunteers in several areas of the life of our church. Please let Pastor Mel know (PastorMel@WichitaFallsMCC.org, 214-500-1935) if you are willing to serve in any of the following roles… NOTE: Service on some teams require membership in the church. This is not to exclude anyone, but to ensure that those assisting with decisions have been involved in the life of the congregation for some time and have a sense of the covenant of membership and expectations therein. Members who wish to serve, but who have not signed a membership covenant will need to sign a covenant to begin service.
1. Bylaws Team – Some months ago we were notified that UFMCC does not have a copy of our bylaws on file. After review of our Bylaws, it’s become clear that the current version is not substantial enough to 1) protect the church or 2) foster excellent relationships through reasonable expectations church-wide. So, we need three volunteers to serve with the Board of Trustees in writing and presenting new bylaws. Reading and writing skills necessary. Member Only.
2. Stewardship Team – The Stewardship Team focses on the task of organizing events and ongoing fundraisers to raise money in an effort to reach our budget needs. This team needs to be creative in thought, willing to offer time and talent to various fundraisers, self-motivated, and excited to spread the word about our congregation! We are in need of…
a) Two volunteers to serve as team co-leaders, members only.
b) Three volunteers to serve as team members: two members, one friend of the church.
3. Benevolence Team – The Benevolence Team focuses on raising money and resources (food, clothes, phone cards, etc) to help serve individuals and families unable to make ends meet through other organization efforts. We are in need of…
a) Two volunteers to serve as team co-leaders, members only.
b) Three volunteers to serve as team members: members or friends of the church.
4. Worship Team – Do you enjoy planning excellent visuals, doing the order of worship “right”, and would you like to work closely with Pastor Mel to plan the spiritual journey of our congregation through worship? Then you are needed! We are in need of…
a) One volunteer to serve as team co-lead (with Pastor Mel), member only.
b) Three to Five volunteers to serve as team members: members or friends of the church.
5. Safe Sanctuaries Team – In this world, we come into contact with people whose behavior injures others. Nowhere is this more challenging for us than in the case of sexual offenders. Still, Jesus has set the example for us that those who have expressed remorse and seek to live a better life deserve our welcome and our diligence in assisting them along the way. To that end, we must both 1) make sure that our sanctuary is open to all, and 2) ensure that all within our sanctuary are safe. We need a team of gifted, forgiving, and responsible people to help us realize these goals. We are in need of…
a) One volunteer to serve as team co-lead (with Pastor Mel and a member of the Board of Trustees), member only.
b) Three volunteers to serve as team members: members only.
The Life of the Church
Board of Trustees – Meeting – April 19th, after church
INTO ACTION – ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS
Alcoholics Anonymous Alcoholics Anonymous is an organization of people who want to share their experiences, lend strength and help the members and others recover from alcoholism. Into Action Meeting Mondays, 7:00pm, in the rear fellowship hall. This is an OPEN meeting!
INTO ACTION – OVEREATERS ANONYMOUS
Overeaters Anonymous is now meeting at the church during the lunch hour on Wednesdays. This is an OPEN meeting! All are welcome.
Church Relationship Building
Are you struggling to connect with others at church? Finding that your expectations aren’t being met? Need to speak with someone about getting and staying connected? Review these important documents adopted by our church in March 2014. These are guiding principles that help us all know what is to be expected, what we can expect, and how we can build lasting relationships with one another.